Processing and paying supplier invoices
- Processing and paying supplier invoices FAQs
- If you receive an email from Accounts Payable telling you that the invoice received is a higher value than your order follow these steps: "Out of tolerance" training video (via Panopto, login required)
- If you receive an email from Accounts Payable telling you that the invoice has been received but you need to goods receipt the order follow these steps: "No goods receipt" training video (via Panopto, login required)
Regular training sessions
The following regular training sessions are provided. Please book via the Learning Management System (LMS) using the links below (login required):
- Finance induction for staff (runs quarterly)
- Buying and paying for goods and services (runs monthly)
- Processing and approving expenses (runs monthly)
Due to the new processes and technology solution being implemented by the Casual Worker Compliance project the Finance course ‘Paying Casual workers’ is no longer running.
YEP training sessions
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on a YEP training session.
20th March 2019 room AEW/104 10-12
19th June 2019 room AEW/104 10-12
British University Finance Directors Group training
The University is a member of British University Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) and therefore University staff have access to several online courses via their website including introductions to higher education finance, procurement, fraud, bribery and cost modelling.
Support for Finance staff undertaking professional study
In order to support personal development, succession planning and to ensure that staff have the skills needed to deliver a high quality professional finance service, it is expected that on a regular basis the Finance department will support members of staff to undertake study towards professional finance qualifications. This policy aims to clarify what form that support may take and to ensure that managers across the department are providing a consistent and appropriate level of support to staff undertaking professional study.