Classroom training courses
The following courses are provided. Please book via the Learning Management System (LMS) using the links below (login required):
- Finance induction for staff (runs quarterly)
- Processing and approving expenses (runs monthly)
- Buying goods and services and paying for them (this course is suspended due to the YEP2 project)
YEP (York E-Purchase):
- Next session tbc
- Online University Financial regulations course (mandatory for Finance department staff and any staff with a University Purchase card)
- Online Dashboard course on hiring, booking and paying Casual workers (provided by Human Resources)
- If you receive an email from Accounts Payable telling you that the invoice received is a higher value than your order follow these steps: "Out of tolerance" training video (via Panopto, login required)
- If you receive an email from Accounts Payable telling you that the invoice has been received but you need to goods receipt the order follow these steps: "No goods receipt" training video (via Panopto, login required)
British University Finance Directors Group training
The University is a member of British University Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) and therefore University staff have access to several online courses via their website including introductions to higher education finance, procurement, fraud, bribery and cost modelling.
Support for Finance staff undertaking professional study
In order to support personal development, succession planning and to ensure that staff have the skills needed to deliver a high quality professional finance service, it is expected that on a regular basis the Finance department will support members of staff to undertake study towards professional finance qualifications. This policy aims to clarify what form that support may take and to ensure that managers across the department are providing a consistent and appropriate level of support to staff undertaking professional study.