Classroom training courses
Due to Covid-19 our classroom courses are currently suspended.
The following courses are provided. Please book via the Learning Management System (LMS) using the links below (login required):
- Fundamentals of Finance at the University of York (runs quarterly using Zoom)
- The YEP2 project web page has a list of YEP 2 e-learning courses
- Getting the best value when procuring goods and services e-learning course provides advice and guidance on how to achieve best value for money (VFM) when procuring goods and services.
- University financial regulations e-learning course (mandatory for Finance department staff and any staff with a University Purchase card)
- A short e-learning course is provided for expenses claimants. Don’t have access to the Learning Management System? A google doc version (UoY login required) is also provided.
- Dashboard e-learning course on hiring, booking and paying Casual workers (provided by Human Resources)
- Payment card security - mandatory for staff taking debit and credit card payments from students and customers
- If you receive an email from Accounts Payable telling you that the invoice received is a higher value than your order follow these steps: "Out of tolerance" training video (via Panopto, login required)
British University Finance Directors Group training
The University is a member of British University Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) and therefore University staff have access to several online courses on the BUFDG website including introductions to higher education finance, procurement, fraud, bribery and cost modelling. University staff do need to register to access the courses.
Support for Finance staff undertaking professional study
In order to support personal development, succession planning and to ensure that staff have the skills needed to deliver a high quality professional finance service, it is expected that on a regular basis the Finance department will support members of staff to undertake study towards professional finance qualifications. This policy aims to clarify what form that support may take and to ensure that managers across the department are providing a consistent and appropriate level of support to staff undertaking professional study.