Below you will find details of some of our key policy-related centres and units.
The NIHR Policy Research Unit (PRU) in economic methods of evaluation in health and social care interventions
- Led by Professor Mark Sculpher in the Centre for Health Economics, University of York, in collaboration with the University of Sheffield.
The NIHR PRU in economics of health systems and interface with social care
- Led by Dr Anne Mason in the Centre for Health Economics, in collaboration with London School of Economics.
The NIHR Policy Research Programme Reviews Facility
A partnership between the Evidence for Policy and Practice Information and Coordinating Centre at University College London, Centre for Reviews and Dissemination at the University of York and the The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Led by Professor Amanda Sowden.
The Partnership for Responsive Policy Analysis and Research (Prepare)
(also funded by NIHR PRP as a rapid analytical facility)
- Led by Professor Karen Bloor, in the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York, in collaboration with the King's Fund.
York Institute for Tropical Econosystems (KITE)
The KITE group investigates ecosystem dynamics in the moist forests, savannah-woodland spectrums and cropland mosaics of Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Led by Professor Rob Marchant.
Covid Realities Project
A collaborative project led by the University of York, University of Birmingham, University of Liverpool, IPPR, Resolution Foundation, and the Child Poverty Action Group.