A little bit like a TEDtalk, Falling Walls Lab is designed to showcase the quality, talent and passion of up-and-coming researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Our researchers will have just three minutes to articulate how their work contributes to the fall of intellectual, societal and scientific walls.
The overall winner will have the chance to deliver their talk at the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin in November.
Confirmed members of the judging panel include:
- Panel Chair: Professor Debbie Smith, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research, University of York
- Professor Lisa Roberts, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation, University of Leeds
- Clare Viney, CEO, CRAC, The Careers Research and Advisory Centre
- Andy Cope, The Art of Being Brilliant Training and Development
- Dr Candace Hassall, Head of Researcher Affairs, Wellcome Trust
- Mr Tom Rodwell, former advertising executive , now Chairman of the Lord Taverners cricket association
- Nick Emmerson, Aviva insurance