York Union event
Join the York Union for a debate on the future of the welfare state. Together, state-funded social security, education and healthcare provide the foundations for the welfare state. But the question is: how long does it have left in its current condition, and what is it likely to look like in the future?
Here to discuss these questions and more, the York Union presents:
- Sally Tomlinson, a Professor of Education at the University of Oxford and the author of Education in a Post-Welfare Society.
- Lisa Mckenzie, a Research Fellow at the London School of Economics and Political Science contributor to Social Class in the 21st Century.
- Chris Goulden, Head of Policy and Research at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Stephen Davies, Head of Education at the Institute for Economic Affairs, and Co-editor of The Dictionary of Conservative and Libertarian Thought.
- Sam Bowman, Executive Director of the Adam Smith Institute.
Dr Jim Buller of the Department of Politics at York will be chairing the event.