York Blockchain Society event
Six distinguished speakers in the Blockchain space discuss and debate the regulations around Blockchain and it's applications in industry.
Applications of Blockchain technology have been growing at an incredible rate. Industries as varied as finance, insurance, supply chain systems, healthcare and even aviation have been affected by this revolution!
However the world has been struggling to regulate this quickly changing field. For this event, we have invited 4 distinguished guest speakers in the Blockchain space to engage in a moderated debate regarding regulations around Blockchain and it's applications in industry.
The event is being organised by the York Blockchain Development and Research society in partnership with the University of York and the Northern Blockchain Group and it will be hosted on the University of York campus.
2-hour event schedule:
- 25 minute introduction of panelists.
- 45 minutes of moderated debate regarding regulation around Blockchain.
- 20 minutes of questions from the audience.
- 30 minute networking session including free food and drinks.
List of Speakers:
- Lisa Eger - Senior Associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus.
- Antonio Senatore - CTO of Deloitte's Global Blockchain Team, Director at Deloitte.
- Tommy Jamet - Head of the London Branch of Global Blockchain Association and Managing Partner at TKNAudit.
- Victoria Thompson - Head of Innovation Legal at Barclays
- Will Foulkes - Associate at Foot Anstey
- Alexander Malt - Future Hub Innovation Manager at Norton Rose Fulbright
- Delaram Kahrobaei, Head of Interdisciplinary Centre for Cybersecurity research at York
- Bethan Vincent, Head of Marketting at Netsells
- York Law School
- University of York Mathematics Department
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Cybersecurity research at York
- University of York Computer Science Department
- Northern Blockchain Group