University of York Music Press (UYMP) Assistantship
- Hours: an average of 8 hours per week during term time.
- Value: £2,000
UYMP publish and promote new and established composers with a range of aesthetic backgrounds. The UYMP Assistant will assist with all processes involved in music publishing, such as:
- Putting the occasional finishing touch to scores saved on Sibelius music programme.
- Helping with work on contracts between UYMP and composers and on individual musical work assignment.
- Helping with the ‘digitisation’ of the collection of master scores by working with both computer-processed scores and manuscripts.
- Printing from computer to copier, from Sibelius and PDF files.
- Registering music works for copyright.
- Helping to update the catalogue and website.
- Liaising with composers, music ensembles, orchestras and customers.
- Responding to general enquiries.
- Creating/writing the occasional news item for the UYMP website.
- Helping to consolidate information, using Excel files, for composers' end of year accounts.
- Creating and sending to customers watermarked electronic scores for use as 'perusal' copies.
Please apply via our application form. You'll be asked to provide any relevant experience you have, what you would bring to the role and why you would be suited to the Assistantship.