Applications now open for Music Graduate Teaching Assistant positions
Posted on 29 April 2021
Applications are now open for Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) positions within the Music Department for the 2021/22 academic year.
There are 12 roles, some of which encompass multiple posts:
- Aural Skills tutors on the BA in Music (two posts)
- Listen to This! tutors on the BA in Music (two posts)
- Researching, Writing and Talking About Music tutors on the BA in Music (two posts)
- Critical Thinking & Listening on the BA in Music (up to three posts)
- Musical Analysis module assistant on the BA in Music (one post)
- Composition I module assistant on the BA in Music (one post)
- Studio Scholar on the BA in Music and Sound Recording, and on the MA in Music Production (minimum one post)
- MA Music Education tutor (multiple posts)
- MA Music: Psychology pathway tutor (minimum one post)
- MA Community Music writing tutor (one post)
- MA Music Production writing tutor (one post)
- MA Music pathways (Musicology, Performance Practice, Piano Studies, Vocal Studies) (up to four posts)
Find out more and view job descriptions
Applications are encouraged from current postgraduate researchers studying within the University of York with specialist knowledge relating to the role in question (please see the role advert documents for details). Please feel free to contact Music GTA coordinator Dr Richard Powell or the designated course/module leader indicated for specific roles with any questions.
The deadline for applying for these positions (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) is 4pm, Monday 17 May 2021 (Summer term, Week 5).