VC greets students in reopened Department
Posted on 17 July 2020
This week the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Charlie Jeffery, came to visit us as we welcomed some of our postgraduate students into the Department for the first time since March.
We have introduced a range of control measures to enable us to use our facilities safely and securely. These include:
- A one-way system
- Designated entrances and exits
- Hand sanitiser points in each room
- Wiping down piano keyboards, lids and stools after use
- Perspex screens between performers
- Single-occupancy kitchens
- Leaving windows open at all times
- Regularly cleaning communal areas
- Quarantining rooms and equipment after use
The Vice-Chancellor was very impressed with how we have successfully reopened the Department in a COVID-secure manner, and he was absolutely delighted to see our students making music at York once again!