Health and wellness group
The Department of Music's Health and Wellness Group was formed to celebrate existing achievements and identify ways to make the department an even healthier and safer place to study and work. The group includes staff and students alongside instrumental and vocal teachers, and all are welcome to join.
Many members of this group are actively involved in research relating to musicians’ health and wellness.
- Dr Naomi Norton (Musicians’ Health and Wellness Coordinator, Associate Lecturer)
- Dr Liz Haddon (Senior Lecturer, Course Leader MA Music Education: Instrumental and Vocal Teaching)
- Dr Richard Powell (Associate Lecturer)
- Dr Mark Hutchinson (Lecturer, Course Leader MA Music: Piano Studies)
- Dr Jez Wells (Senior Lecturer, Course Leader MA Music Production, Studio Director)
- Catherine Duncan (Department Manager)
- Julie Parker (Alexander Technique Teacher, Life Coach)
- Hilary Suckling (Department Instrumental Teacher)
- Edwina Smith (Department Instrumental Teacher)
- Susan Young (Pathway Leader MA Music: Vocal Studies, Department Vocal Teacher)
- Mimi O’Neill (PhD student and Student Mental Health Representative)
- Marianna Cortesi (PhD student)
- Federico Pendenza (PhD student)
- Susan Rutter (MA Music Education student)
Projects and updates
Project update: musicians’ health and wellness webpage (initiated Autumn Term 2019)
The first project initiated by the Musicians’ Health and Wellness Group was to develop this webpage to recognise and signpost the services, support and resources that are available to musicians at the University. This will be an ongoing project as we will need to keep it updated.
If you have ideas for a project that you would like to be initiated or supported by the group, suggestions in terms of content, or notice that something needs updating, please contact Naomi (email@example.com).