Maths Academic Excellence Scholarships
These scholarships recognise and reward academic achievement.
Open to International (including EU) and UK (home) students.
In order to be eligible you must also have an offer for a place on one of the following courses:
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics (with a year in Europe)
- MMath (Hons) Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Management
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Management (with a year in industry)
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Statistics
We award these scholarships solely based on your academic performance. To get a scholarship in your first year, you must:
- Make York your firm choice.
- Achieve grade A* in A level Mathematics and A* in another A level (or equivalent) on entry.
If you're taking Further Mathematics, then the second A* must be in Further Mathematics.
You will continue to receive the scholarship in subsequent years if you maintain an overall average grade of 85% or higher.
There is no application for this scholarship. We automatically consider all students who meet the entry criteria.