Research topic: Capital Structure and Corporate Performance: an Empirical Study within Specific Industries.
Research interests: Shengfeng's main research area is corporate finance (both theoretical and empirical). In the PhD thesis, he aims to analyse the dynamics and interactions behind firms’ financial behaviours, with a focus on capital structure.
Besides corporate finance, Shengfeng has research experience in corporate governance, price elasticity and financial markets. He has also worked for Virgin Trains East Coast on a research project. He is happy to discuss research in these areas and in broader areas of finance.
Supervisors: Dr Hafiz Hoque and Professor Jacco Thijssen
Shengfeng Li joined the University of York as a PhD student after completing a masters programme at Leicester. He has been registered as an Associated Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy since 2016.
He is expected to be on the job market after September of 2018.
Shengfeng has presented his research at academic conferences including:
- BAFA Annual Conference, Central Hall Westminster, London, 2018
- BAM Corporate Governance Early Career Researchers Conference, University of
- Nottingham, 2017
- White Rose DTC Conference, University of York, 2017
- White Rose DTC Annual Conference, University of Leeds, 2016
- Young Finance Scholars’ Conference, University of Sussex, 2016
Shengfeng has worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant on the following modules at the University of York:
- Managerial Economics (PG), 2016/2017, 2017/2018
- Financial Market and Investment (PG), 2015/2016 - 2017/2018
- Quantitative Methods (Year 1, Year 2 and PG, separately), 2016/2017
- Understanding the Context of Business (Year 1), 2015/2016, 2016/2017