PhD and Early Researcher Bursaries
The SCOS Board have provided a number of bursaries for PhD students and early researchers. Each bursary includes the conference registration fee, which covers full conference attendance, meals and social events. The bursary is not intended for transport and accommodation costs.
If you would like to apply for a bursary, please send an email with note explaining why you merit a bursary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2019.
- Your name and institution
- The title of the abstract that you have submitted to SCOS 2019
- The current stage of your PhD studies (e.g., completed first year; writing up; submitted/awaiting viva) (PhD only)
- Your current funding and employment status (e.g., scholarship; self-funded; full-time employment; part-time employment)
- The current availability to you of funds for conference attendance, including any bids or requests that you have already tendered for funding for SCOS 2019
- We would also like you to confirm that, if you were successful in receiving a bursary for SCOS 2019, you would yourself be able to fund travel, accommodation, and any other additional expense
- Finally, please add other information you feel is relevant to your application (maximum 100 words)