What is it?
A project to show how to reduce the environmental impact of operations in breweries through understanding barriers and sharing best practices.
Discover how good environmental practices and how to avoid barriers to using them, can reduce costs on the bottom line and bring about market advantages for the top line. Adopting a path to sustainability will protect precious resources, reduce risks and open up opportunities.
Who is it for? Brewers of any size and brewing related industry and suppliers
What will I get?
- Regional events to share challenges and learn from leaders
- Explore the benefits through focus on behaviours not technology
- Capture the key barriers for brewers and key enablers to unlock benefits
- Dissemination of low cost good practices with quick return on investment
The Event Itinerary:
10.00am - 10.30am Arrival and Refreshments
10.30am - 11.30am - Business Benefit of Environmental Actions
- Sharing Best Practice on Environmental Actions: University of York: Professor Peter Ball
- The Magic Rock Story, Magic Rock Brewing Co Ltd: Nick Zeigler
- Thinking Differently about What is Waste: Biorenewables Development Centre: Helen Sheils
11.30am -12.30pm Sharing Challenges to Reducing Costs (workshop)
12.30pm - 1.45pm - Lunch and Brewery Tour
1.45pm - 2.30pm - Workshop: Enablers for Maximising Profits (workshop)
2.30pm - 2.45pm - Where to go to for Support, plus Closing Remarks