E-resources access for visitors
The Walk-in Access scheme enables University of York Library external members and visitors to access a range of electronic resources (eg ejournals, ebooks and databases), whose licence agreements allow use by anyone on the Library premises.
Using the service
Please ensure you bring with you one of the following forms of ID:
- Driving Licence
- Sconul Access confirmation email & home institution card
- Photo ID card from home institution (FE students)
You won't be able to use the service without producing the specified identification.
The service is available on a first come, first served basis during full service hours at the JB Morrell Library. It is not available during self-service hours or at the King's Manor Library.
To use the service, please ask at the Library and IT Help Desk in the JB Morrell Library on arrival. You will need to provide proof of identity and sign and agree to the Walk-in Access Terms and Conditions each time you use the service.
The Walk-in Access computer terminals have a USB port to enable you to save information.
Unfortunately printing is not available for external visitors at this time.
- You will be asked to provide a £5 deposit (cash only) for the Walk-in Access card which is required to use the service. Please ensure you return the card during full service hours.
- These resources may only be used for educational purposes. Use for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- There is a limit to the number of people who can use the service at any one time.
- Library staff are only able to provide minimal support to individuals using this service. The resources have extensive online help pages and we would expect you to make use of these.
- The service does not provide access to email, software (eg Microsoft Office) or the internet.
- For further help or advice please contact us.
You can find out which electronic resources are available to University of York staff and students by visiting our E-Resources Guide.
However, please note that there are a number of exceptions. See the Excluded e-resources tab for more information.
We regret that we cannot make the following electronic resources available to Walk-in Users, due to licence terms and conditions imposed on us by the publisher or resource provider.
- Acoustics Today
- ALISS Quarterly
- Annales Historiques de la Révolution Française
- Babel: The Language Magazine
- Balungan: A Publication of the American Gamelan Institute
- Catalyst (Jacobin Foundation)
- CEPR Discussion Paper series Centre for Economic Policy Research
- Children and Young People Now
- CIPFAstats archive services statistics
- Community Practitioner
- Crime, Histoire & Sociétés = Crime, History & Societies
- Ends Report
- Financial Times (FT.com)
- Folio (Materials Development Association)
- For the Learning of Mathematics
- Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy
- Journal of Development Studies (Mattersburger Kreis für Entwicklungspolitik)
- Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics
- Journal of Risk and Governance
- Journal of the Audio Engineering Society
- Journal of the North Atlantic
- Lloyd's Law Reporter
- Lloyd's Law Reports
- Lloyd's Law Reports Plus
- Lloyd's Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly
- London Review of Books
- Marine Ecology Progress Series
- Mental Health Nursing: The Journal of the Community Psychiatric Nurses Association
- MIT Sloan Management Review
- Monthly Review (Monthly Review Foundation)
- New Left Review
- Nursing Times (direct access)
- Positive News
- The Art Newspaper
- The Journal of Nursing Education
- The Pharmaceutical Journal
- The Practising Midwife
- Theatre Record
- Times Higher Education (direct access)
- Urban Morphology: Journal of the International Seminar on Urban Form
- Allen Press Miscellaneous journals
- American Association for Cancer Research journals
- British Editorial Society of Bone and Joint Surgery journals
- Casalini Torrossa Journals
- Duncker & Humblot eLibrary eJournals
- Érudit Journals
- Exact Editions journals
- Harvard Educational Publishing Group journals
- International Press journals
- Kluwer Law Online Journals
- Legalease Law Journal Collection
- Peeters journals
- Royal College of Nursing journals
- Whiting & Birch journals
Databases including ebooks
- Audio Engineering Society E-Library
- Beckett Digital Manuscript Service
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
- British Standards Online Custom Collection
- China Stock Market and Accounting Research Database (CSMAR)
- Complete Anatomy
- Ebook Central
- Education Policy and Research Service
- Elsevier E-Library
- English Corpora
- Euromonitor Passport
- ExecuComp (Compustat ExecuComp)
- Financial Times (FT.com)
- Granth Sanjeevani
- Index of Medieval Art
- Kluwer Arbitration Online
- Lexis+ UK
- Medical Law & Research (e-book)
- Mintel Academic
- Mintel Market Sizes
- Nexis Advance UK
- Practical Law
- Refinitiv Workspace
- SciFinder Scholar
- Shakespeare's Words
- Sketch Engine
- Social Work Connect
- TRILT: Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching
- vLex Justis
- Westlaw UK including Practical Law
- Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)