Submitting a Management dissertation
Students enrolled on taught Masters programmes in the York Management School are now required to submit the final copy of their thesis to YODL. Please follow the instructions below for submitting your thesis:
- For issues of data protection, please ensure that you have removed the exam number from the copy of the thesis you submit to YODL.
- Your thesis should be in the PDF/A file format. Information on how to create a PDF/A document is included below. If you cannot create a PDF/A, regular PDF and Microsoft doc or docx formats will be accepted and converted.
- Please submit your thesis as an email attachment. The email MUST be sent from your University email address and should include a subject line containing your full name and the phrase 'thesis submission'.
- Relevant supplementary files may be included with the submission, eg appendices.
- To submit your thesis, please read the depositor agreement and upload your work using the Digital Library upload tool.
Creating a PDF/A
In Microsoft Word 2007 (Windows)
- Select File > 'Save As' PDF or XPS
- On the following window check the button marked 'Standard'
- Click 'Options' and check the box marked 'ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)
In Open Office 3 (Windows)
- Select File > 'Export to PDF'
- Check the box marked 'PDF/A-1'