PG Researchers laptop loan service
Terms and conditions
Note: these terms and conditions are specific to the PG researcher long-term laptop loans service. A separate set of terms and conditions apply to laptop loans in the Library.
- Laptops are available to Postgraduate Research students only.
- Your University record must show that you have PGR status, and that you are expected to remain a PGR for the duration of the loan.
- Laptops can be borrowed for up to 31 days
- Laptops may been taken off campus for University use
- In the event of a claim the following policy excesses will apply
- Loss in the UK- The current policy excess through the University Computer Insurance is £250
- Loss overseas - The current policy excess through the University Business Travel Insurance is £100
- To make a claim please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The device will be checked for damage on sign out and return. Any damage on sign out should be noted at the time of booking.
- If you fail to return the laptop you will be charged for the cost of a replacement (up to £640 + VAT)
- If you lose or damage the power supply you will be charged for a replacement (currently £35 + VAT)
- Any issues with the laptop must be reported to the Library & IT Help Desk
Using the laptop
- Use of the laptop is subject to the University Regulation 11: Use of computing facilities
- All application installations and use must abide by UK law and any other licensing and contractual agreements
- IT Services and the University of York cannot be responsible for any data loss whilst using the device
- You will not be given admin rights to the laptop but additional apps can be requested for install by IT Support staff.
Returning the laptop
- Please ensure you have a copy of your data before returning the laptop
- IT Services staff will uninstall any additional licensed software that was installed at the booking out stage.
- Please ensure you have deleted any sensitive or confidential information before returning
- IT Support staff will check the device for any damage