We are strongly focused on interdisciplinarity and impact.
Our cluster features affiliated members from the Departments of Education, Politics and Economics. Together we lead discussions on regulation within the university.
The cluster convened a panel on legal research and impact at the 2019 Socio-Legal Studies Association Annual Conference, where we showcased our own research and engagement with government and Parliament.
Our research interests include:
- Administrative Justice
- Competition law
- Environmental law
- Legal process
- Local authority decision-making
- Regulation of the professions
- Dr Kathryn Wright (cluster convenor)
- Dr Laurence Etherington
- Professor Simon Halliday
- Professor Caroline Hunter
- Dr Kate Leader
- Dr Lawrence McNamara
- Dr Jed Meers
- Mr Phillip Morgan
- Professor Richard Nolan
- Professor Jenny Steele
- Dr Joe Tomlinson
- Dr Dimitrios Tsarapatsanis
- Dr Emma Waring
- Dr Sarah Wilson
- Cowan, D, Dymond, A, Halliday, S & Hunter, CM 2017, 'Reconsidering Mandatory Reconsideration', Public Law, pp. 215-234.
- Etherington, LM 2017, 'Canons of Environmental Law: Pollution of Churches and the Regulation of the Medieval ‘Environment’', Legal Studies, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 566-590.
- Etherington, LM 2016, '‘Public Professions and Private Practices’: access to the solicitors’ profession in the 21st Century', Legal Ethics, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 5-29.
- Hunter, CM, Bretherton, J, Halliday, S & Johnsen, S 2016, 'Legal Compliance in Street-Level Bureaucracy: A Study of UK Housing Officers', Journal of Law and Policy, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 81-95.
- McNamara, LJ 2019, 'Understanding Research Impact in Law: The REF and Engagement with UK Governments', King's Law Journal, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 437-469.
- Wright, K 2016, 'The Ambit of Judicial Competence After the EU Antitrust Damages Directive', Legal Issues of Economic Integration, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 15-40.
Push the boundaries of knowledge in our supportive and stimulating environment.Study with us
Question the fundamental aspects of political life with out LLM in Legal and Political Theory.Explore our course