Paid Internship: Events and Communications Assistant
IGDC will host its second Photography Competition and Exhibition in 2020 over the spring and summer terms, and seeks an enthusiastic and capable intern to support in various aspects of the competition and exhibition. Apply now! Closing date: 11 February.
This year’s IGDC Photography Competition and Exhibition will build on the success of the 2018 competition. As well as supporting the smooth running of this exhibition, the intern will be expected to provide logistical and administrative support, event assistance and communications support for other types of events and activity, such as:
- Monthly IGDC research seminars held at York, sometimes with external speakers from NGOs, other institutions and development organisations.
- Research communication events to highlight ongoing research and raise the profile of the Centre.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to gain experience in event organisation and research communications, and increased awareness of global development research. You will also build professional skills in a busy office environment and benefit from careers guidance from Centre staff.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to multitask.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding writing skills with the ability to adapt content to different audiences.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and work well in a team.
- Proven experience organising events.
- An interest in global development from any disciplinary angle, preferably with an interest in working or continuing study in the field.
Also desirable are:
- Design skills and/or experience creating visual communication materials
- Experience of Social Media in a professional setting
- An interest in photography and/or curation
If this sounds like you, apply now! The deadline for applications is 11 February. This is a paid opportunity (£8.21 p/h).