Equal Access Scholarships 2019/20
The University of York is pleased to offer two Equal Access Scholarships for students who are seeking refuge in the UK and seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree programme.
The scholarship provides:
- a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees)
- a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- have discretionary or limited leave to remain in the UK or
- be a dependent or partner of someone with discretionary or
- limited leave to remain or
- you or your parent/guardian or partner have submitted an asylum or humanitarian protection application and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application*
- have applied for asylum on arrival in the UK, and before you have applied for a place at university
- be unable to access mainstream UK student funding due to your immigration status, ie you are not eligible for Student Finance for the 2019/20 academic year
- have applied for, or hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) to study full time for a postgraduate Masters course at York, of one year’s duration, resulting in an MA, MSc, LLM or MRes qualification.
*If you have already been granted Refugee Status or Humanitarian Protection Status, you can apply for financial support from Student Finance England (gov.uk).
For full details please visit the below webpages: