Covid-19 is having a devastating impact across the world and on the most vulnerable.
Sara de Jong chairs a panel discussion to explore the impact of Covid-19 on refugees and those engaging in cross-continental migration. This workshop will explore these questions from the viewpoints of six expert speakers from NGOs, activism and academia whose work engages with migrants' rights.
- Emily Arnold-Fernandez, Founder and Executive Director of Asylum Access, USA
- Niamh Ni Bhriain, Programme Coordinator War and Pacification, TNI, The Netherlands
- John Grayson, Independent researcher and adult educator, South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group, UK
- Dr Adriana Marcela Velasquez Morales, Researcher at the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences- FLACSO, Honduras
- Dr Pia Riggirozzi, Professor of Global Politics, University of Southampton, UK
- Dr Sara De Jong, Department of Politics, University of York.
Image: Peru: supporting Venezuelan migrants and refugees in times of coronavirus by S.Castañeda (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Please note that this webinar will be delivered using Zoom Webinar facility. No prior purchasing of software is necessary but registration is required. While the event may be recorded we will not record your voice or image. Please note that during the session, your name and email address (as entered at the registration stage) may be visible to other participants. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.