University of York Staff
York Conferences offers discounts on residential conference rates, accommodation and meeting room packages to University of York staff and students. If you’re planning an event or meeting in York, booking internally through York Conferences holds many benefits.
Aside from the best available rates, staff and students receive numerous other benefits from York Conferences’ services. First, you’ll receive a dedicated on-site coordinator who is able to assist with every aspect of the booking and planning process, should you need it. As well as the use of your chosen venue, you’ll also receive AV support and equipment including a digital projector, a screen and a flipchart, with additional equipment available on request. We’ll also arrange catering, cleaning and portering services for your event.
Conference & Meeting Space
- Atrium – The Ron Cooke Hub Atrium is an adaptable space. Centrally located, it is at the heart of the Hub’s activities and is an ideal space to showcase work in the state of the art facilities on offer.
- Tiered Lecture Theatre – The 220 seater, tiered presentation theatre is ideal for larger audiences. The lecture theatre contains one 12 foot screen and is ideal as a main plenary for your conference.
- Floating Pods – Sitting atop of the campus’ main lake, these 3 meeting venues offer space from small 1:2:1’s up to 18 in a boardroom setting. Accessing the University’s wifi and boasting stunning views you can’t be blamed for wanting them to be your own office. The smallest Pod offers a relaxed setting with comfortable furniture, the middle a more informal style and the largest a formal layout most suited for boardroom. Audio visual equipment can be offered as standard along with refreshments to be served either inside or in the main Atrium just a short walk away.
- Lakehouse - Located on the 3rd floor and offering views across Heslington East, the Lakehouse will impress. Offering 1 large room with a maximum capacity of 100 in a theatre setting, this room can be divided into 2 equal sized meeting spaces for conferences requiring parallel sessions. Refreshments can be served outside the Lakehouse on the 3rd floor open balcony.
- Island of Interaction – Located on the top floor in the Ron Cooke Hub, the Island of Interaction is an open plan area with comfortable furniture and offering a spectacular view of the Hub Atrium. This is an ideal area for brainstorming new ideas, networking with colleagues or just unwinding after a busy meeting.
- 360° Demonstration Space – Immersing you in technology is sometimes the best way to get new ideas. This fully enclosed space allows full 360° video projection and surround sound providing you with the space to dive into your ideas.
- Exhibition Space – Located on the ground floor just off the main Atrium and next to the 360° Demonstration Space this room is ideal for showcasing artwork. With wall space available for hanging work and tables and chairs for table top displays this room is extremely versatile. You can also use this room for refreshments or as a meet and greet before entering the 360° Creative Suite.
We've simplified the process for internal bookings. This process is for anyone booking with an internal workorder.
Here's a quick guide before you head to the login page.
Your department should have been sent a username and password to login to the internal booking page. You'll need this before you head to the next page so if you don't have this, give us a call on 01904 328431 or request an information pack from firstname.lastname@example.org.
When booking on behalf of someone else, please use your name, you'll be asked to enter the name of the person staying in the room later in the booking process.
Please enter your workorder into the 'Additional Information' box (a booking can't be fully confirmed until a correct workorder is entered).
- Once confirmed, you'll automatically receive confirmation and some useful information about your booking. If the booking isn't for you, you may wish to forward this to your guest.
Note: The rates you will see are inclusive of VAT. VAT will be removed when the internal recharge takes place, unless you are staying at Franklin House. Franklin House is an external company and therefore we cannot waive VAT.
Ready to book? Follow this link to login and download the 'How to guide' for internal booking guidelines.
Internal Accommodation Booking Guidelines (PDF , 870kb)
Event Management Services
York Conferences, at the University of York are delighted to be working in partnership with Mosaic Events, an established York based event management company who have a proven track record of delivering effective event management services over the past 12 years.
In addition we can provide an income generation service allowing you to increase revenue through obtaining sponsorship and exhibitors for your event.
We believe that one size fits one and understand that our clients have different needs and our passion is to provide the right service to suit you.
To explore the benefits of our event management services please feel free to contact the York Conferences team to discuss your requirements on 0845 676 9668 or e-mail email@example.com.
Event Management Services Brochure (PDF , 5,933kb)