HRC grants available for postgraduate projects in 2020-21 and 2021-22
Posted on 23 March 2021
Looking for money to fund an interdisciplinary activity? Apply for a HRC collaborative postgraduate project grant.
We are very pleased to invite applications to the HRC Collaborative Postgraduate Project Grant scheme.
The HRC warmly encourages applications from teams of postgraduates to develop exciting new collaborative interdisciplinary projects and to put forward initiatives which will benefit the postgraduate community in the arts and humanities.
We currently have two pathways within the scheme:
- a responsive mode scheme for projects to run in the current financial year (before 31 July 2021) to which students can apply at any time - maximum £500 available, subject to there still being funds available
- a main scheme for projects to run in the next financial year (1 August 2021-31 July 2022), with a deadline of the 12 noon on Tuesday 1st June 2021 - maximum £700
Projects might include, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- the organisation of workshops, symposia and conferences
- inviting visiting speakers whose expertise would benefit postgraduates across a range of subjects
- training sessions for postgraduates in areas that will assist their own professional development
- activities which involve collaborating with postgraduates/staff at other UK or international universities
- activities which involve working with other organisations outside the University (these might include libraries, archives, galleries, museums etc.)
We are particularly keen to support projects which involve collaboration with another university or which include some element of collaboration or coproduction of research with communities or users outside academia; or which actively engage non-academic audiences with academic research.
Further details of eligibility criteria, grants awarded, and how to apply