In addition to mentors and link lecturers, there are senior members of practice staff (either a nurse or a midwife) based in NHS trusts and large care providers, who have a key role in promoting the quality of the learning environment for students.
These individuals have different titles depending on their employment organisation, for example Practice Education Facilitators, Practice Placement Facilitators or Clinical Lead for Education.
These indivduals work closely with the mentors and managers within placement areas and provide a valuable link with the Department of Health Sciences. They also lead initiatives to support student learning and can be contacted for information and advice. They may also be involved in the educational audit of placements with service staff and the link lecturers.
- Mark Flowers - Harrogate District Hospital, contact no: 01423 555739.
- Amanda Horrocks York Teaching NHS Foundation Trust, Practice Education Team Co-ordinator, contact no: 01723 342035 or 07557 744602. York PLF team (PDF , 173kb).
- Ruth Raven - Tees, Esk and Wear Valley, contact no: 01904 294798 or 07908 647064.
- Vanessa Noble - Leeds Parternerships NHS Foundation Trust, contact 07985 805123.
- Karen Simpkin, Humber NHS Foundation Trust, contact no: 01482 301831.
For any other contacts please see the practice profile on the Healthcare Placements website: www.HealthcarePlacements.co.uk.