The Benefits of using Outcome Feedback (OF)
- Reduced risk of deterioration in complex cases by up to 73%, and by 48% for all patients treated using OF
- Reduced number of treatment sessions required to achieve outcomes similar to those treated without OF
- Keeps patients engaged and see positive results sooner
- Empowers patients to be more involved with their care due to collaborative approach encouraged by OF
For healthcare providers and staff
- Cost savings - as the video demonstrates, the cost of treatment per person is significantly lower when using OF
- Improved efficiency through reducing the treatment sessions required to see change in patient symptoms
- Strengthen patient - therapist relationship through collaboration and ongoing discussion
- Reduced risk - Quickly identify those "not on track" and take action
The Evidence for using Outcome Feedback
- A quasi-experimental trial in Leeds IAPT service, published in 2017. Read the findings
- A large scale randomised control trial in 8 NHS Trusts published by Lancet Psychiatry in 2018. Read the findings
We are currently undertaking a Health Economics Evaluation of Outcome Feedback using the large trial data to further establish the cost savings available if Outcome Feedback is implemented nationally in NHS IAPT services. We should be publishing results in late 2019.
Find out more
Check out our IAPT Case Study
Dr Jon Wheatley, Clinical Lead at Talk Changes IAPT in Hackney, London, talks through their implementation of Outcome Feedback...
Listen to this great podcast
Lead researcher Dr Jaime Delgadillo (University of Sheffield) discusses Outcome Feedback with the Mental Health Foundation...
Using Outcome Feedback can benefit your patients, lower costs and improve efficiency for your Service, contact us at email@example.com to find out more.