Belen is a Health Economist with special interest in the assessment and appraisal of health technologies. She joined the York Trial Unit as a Research Fellow in January 2012. Belen holds an MSc in Health Economics and she was a visitor to the Centre of Health Economics (CHE). She has previously worked at an HTA agency for the Ministry of Health in Spain.
- Graduated in Economics, University of Seville, 1997
- Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics, Pompeu Fabra, University, Barcelona, 2004
Belen's research interests are in the assessment and appraisal of health technologies.
- Gentle Years Yoga (GYY) - Individually randomised controlled, two arm, pragmatic, multi-centre trial to determine the clinical and cost-effectiveness of an adapted yoga programme for older adults with multimorbidity.
- PRESTO - Pragmatic Randomised Evaluation of Stable Thoracolumbar fracture treatment Outcomes
- ProFHER - Proximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation.
- PROFHER 2 - Proximal Fracture of the Humerus: Evaluation by Randomisation Trial no. 2.
- REFORM - Multifaceted podiatry intervention for fall prevention in patients over 65 years of age.