This is a free taster session for our full online York Strengths Global programme.
Getting your dream job is a complex process, and it requires more than completing your degree. The York Strengths framework helps students become better aware of and improve their key employability skills.
Our session will give you an insight into this unique framework, and will help you plan your own journey into developing your employability skills.
As part of the course, you will get a chance to take a virtual tour in York and/or our beautiful parkland campus.
Looking for our three-week course?
This is a one-session taster, but we offer a three-week York Strengths Global Employability and Communication Skills course that takes you though a full journey of transferable skills development.
Aims for this taster session
- To introduce the York Strengths employability skills framework
- To help you better understand your strengths and areas to develop in relation to your employability skills
- To provide an opportunity to practice and improve your skills and present your achievements
- To introduce you to York and our University
Upper-intermediate and above
Tuesday 23 March 10am or 4pm (GMT)
Tuesday 30 March 10am or 4pm (BST)
Sessions and materials
- We are offering two dates and two start times for each of these sessions: one in the morning, and another one in the afternoon (UK time). Please check your time zone to ensure you join us at the right time. Please only attend one of them (whichever you prefer).
- Read our student guidelines before you join the session.
This session introduces the York Strengths Framework, the differences between skills and strengths, and provides you with an opportunity to present your skills. As part of the session, you will take part in a virtual tour too.
University of York students: Please note that this course is only available for non-UoY students. If you are a current UG or PG student with the University of York, please see the York Strength pages.