Facilities in the Department of Electronic Engineering
The department has a wide range of facilities used to support the teaching and research activities. Most of these facilities are also available to industry.
- BioWall - an interactive development environment for bio-inspired computing
- Clean Room - facilities for fabrication and measurement of nano-scale devices
- Computing Labs - the Department's own PC labs with specialised hardware and software to support our teaching
- Applied EM Test Facilities - screened room and open-area test-site facilities for researching EM problems from 10 kHz to 100 GHz
- Media Studio - supporting research and teaching in media systems, the media studio contains industry-standard equipment for production and post-production.
- OPNET - the Department is a University Partner for OPNET: the industry-standard network simulation software
- Recording Studios - facilities for recording and producing acoustic and electronic music
- Robot Lab - A purpose built arena and workshop for robotics teaching and research
- Teaching Laboratories - for practical and project work
- Technical Support - Technical Support - providing diverse design and construction facilities for the department and industry, including PCB design and manufacture, a surface-mount assembly line, 3D design and fabrication equipment and FPGA programming and development tools