Children's Identity and Citizenship European Association (CiCea) Conference 2019 - 9th - 11th May 2019 - Prague
Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) Conference 2019 - 14th - 18th April 2019 - San Francisco
On behalf of the project team, Mark Evans, Marta Fulop, Andrew Peterson and Jasmine Sim presented in a roundtable session at the conference in association with the SIG: Citizenship and Democratic Education.
British Association of International and Comparative Education (BAICE) Conference 2018 - 12th- 14th September 2018 - University of York, UK
The project team attended BAICE conference at the University of York 12-14 September 2018. The project team were able to network with colleagues from many countries and presented a symposium.
- Programme - BAICE (PDF , 1,335kb)
- Book of Abstracts - BAICE (PDF , 1,457kb)
- Presentation by project team - BAICE (MS PowerPoint , 19,149kb) on 'Youth activism, engagement and the development of new civic learning spaces: A comparative perspective across six countries' - Ian Davies, Mark Evans, Márta Fülöp, Dina Kiwan, Andrew Peterson, Jasmine Sim.
Networking European Citizenship Education (NECE) Conference 2018 'Brave New Worlds?! The Future of Democracy and Citizenship Education' - 6-9 September 2018, Marseille, France
Lecture on Issues of Youth Activism and Education, May 2018, Education University of Hong Kong
20th CiCea / 2nd joint CitizED Conference, 10-12 May 2018, Warsaw, Poland
Youth Agency and Participation, World Social Work Day 2018 at the UN Geneva, 20 March 2018
Youth Action, Activism and Education: Continuities, Changes and Possibilities, Canterbury, Kent, UK, 15 March 2018
- Conference book (PDF , 276kb)
- 'Changing patterns of youth activism and education across six nations' - Ian Davies, University of York; Mark Evans, OISE, University of Toronto; Marta Fulop, Hungarian Academy of Sciences; Dina Kiwan, American University of Beirut; Andrew Peterson, CCCU; and, Jasmine Sim, NIE, Singapore.
- 'Rethinking Youth Citizenship in Times of Austerity' - Rosalyn Black, Deakin University, Australia and Lucas Walsh, Monash University, Australia
- 'Struggle for active citizenship: New perspectives on youth styles and spaces of participation' - Barry Percy-Smith, University of Huddersfield
- 'Youth Activism in practice kicking the dust at Amgueddfa Cymru National Museum Wales' - Sarah Younan, Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
- 'Making the case for the study of young women s leadership in civil society organisations' - Erica Lewis, Edge Hill University
- 'Youth Action during the Ebola Response in Sierra Leone: Young Volunteers as Agents or Victims' - Alice Chadwick, University of Bath
- 'Co-construction of social action in Higher Education – Drawing together student, children and voluntary sector voices' - Alison Body, Canterbury Christ Church University and Emily Lau, Canterbury Christ Church University
13th CitizED Conference, National Korea Sports University in Seoul, South Korea, 29 June -1 July 2017
Several key organisations combined to convene the event: The Korea National Sport University, The National Youth Policy Institute, The Future Oriented Youth Society, and, The Korea Youth Work Agency. The Korea Youth Work Agency Workshop for youth workers was led by Dr. Libby Tudball (Australia), Dr. Lee Jerome (UK) and Sung Hun Kim (South Korea). Over 100 people from many different countries attended the conference. The conference was an excellent networking opportunity for our Leverhulme project.
Children's Identity and Citizenship in Europe (CiCe) Association Annual Conference, hosted by VIVES University College, Bruges, 8-10 June 2017
The conference was an excellent networking event with approximately 100 participants from many European countries.
More project outcomes