Skip to Content
Professor Richard Taylor Highlights
Major Awards and Distinctions
- Plenary Lecture at the 10th Eurasian Meeting on Heterocyclic Chemistry (EAMHC10), Bologna, Italy, 2019.
- Plenary Lecture at OrgChem-TR4, International Conference in Antalya, Turkey, 2018.
- UK Regional Editor of the international journal Tetrahedron, 1997-2018.
- Member of Executive Board of Tetrahedron Publications, 1997 -2018.
- Plenary Lecture at the Elsevier International Conference in Shanghai, China, 2016.
- Head of Department, Chemistry, University of York, 2010-2015.
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Natural Product Chemistry Award, 2012.
- President of the International Society of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2009-11.
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry Prize, 2008.
- Pedler Lectureship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2006-07.
- Inaugural President of the Organic Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2003-2004.
- President of the Perkin Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 2001-2003.
- Chairman of the Royal Society of Chemistry Heterocyclic Group, 2000-2001.
- Tilden Medallist and Lecturer of the Royal Society of Chemistry, 1999-2000.
- Organising Committee of Oxford/Cambridge International Synthesis Meeting, 1997-2007; Main Organiser of Cambridge Meeting, 7/2007.
- Joint Editor-in-Chief, Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry III (13 Volumes), Elsevier, Publication, 4/07. 2007.
- Senior Advisor to A-Star ICES Institute Singapore; Visits in 11/06 etc., 2006-2008
- Assessor for SFI (Ireland) Research Grant Evaluation (2 day meetings, (Dublin), 2005 & 2006.
- Undergraduate course examiner: Universities of Cambridge, Edinburgh, Durham, Exeter, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, UCD Dublin, UC London, 2006 and earlier.
- Visiting National Science Council Lecturer to Taiwan (lectures at Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University and NTNU), 2005
- External Assessor and Presenter for the AstraZeneca Research Awards, 2005.
- Editor-in-Chief, Comprehensive Organic Functional Group Transformations II (7 Volumes), Elsevier, 2004.
- RACI Visiting Lecturer (Plenaries in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne; Seminar in Canberra), 2004.
- Visiting Professor, Catholique University of Louvain, Belgium, 2004.
- Management Committee: Centre For Synthesis & Chemical Biology (CSCB, UCD, Dublin).