Dr Nigel Lowe
Senior Lecturer and Director of Teaching & Learning
My responsibilities at York are:
- Member of the Inorganic Section and tutor in inorganic chemistry
- Director of studies for Dalton College
- Year 3 leader on Departmental Teaching Committee
- Practical course coordinator for courses for Year 2 Advanced Synthesis and Year 3 Miniprojects
- Year 1 & 2 group exercise development/delivery with industrial collaboration/sponsorship
- Co-ordinator of departmental mentoring
- Member of the Admissions team
- Public science projects, outreach and schools liaison
Teaching-related Publications and Proceedings:
- Business Skills & Commercial Awareness for Chemists
N D Lowe, B Grievson, P Taylor, RSC Learn Chemistry, 2012.
- Chemist-2-Chemist: Exploring roles for undergraduate chemists at the school-to-university interface
N D Lowe, Proceedings, Variety in Chemistry Education 2008, August 2008. Higher Education Academy Physical Sciences Centre.
- The Chemistry of Fragrances: A Group Exercise for Chemistry Students
R Duprey, N D Lowe and C S Sell, J Chem Ed, 2003, 80, 513.
- Explain it all to the public? Labsolutely
J Garratt and N D Lowe, Times Higher Educational Supplement, 7th March 2003.
- Keeping a track on learning
N D Lowe, Educ Chem, 2000, 37, 134.
- Key Skills: What do chemistry graduates think?
S B Duckett, J Garratt and N D Lowe, U Chem Ed, 1999, 3, 1.