Wild Fund Scholarships
These scholarships provide financial support to students from outside the UK starting a PGR course in Chemistry.
Through the generous benefaction of York alumnus, Dr Anthony Wild, the Department of Chemistry is pleased to offer scholarships to postgraduate research students to start a PhD, MPhil or MSc by Research degree.
The value of the scholarships varies between three levels of award:
- Wild Platinum Scholarship: full tuition fees for duration of study
- Wild Gold Scholarship: 50 per cent reduction in tuition fees for duration of study
- Wild Prize: £2,000 for those who pay overseas fees who plan to fund their own studies - to be paid in Year 1
Open to students from the EU who pay fees at the overseas rate; and international students only.
Applications for Wild Platinum and Gold Scholarships and the Wild Prize are invited from applicants who are domiciled or a national of any country outside the UK.
You should have already applied to study for PhD, MPhil or MSc by research in Chemistry at the University.
Application deadline: Friday 30 April 2021, 12pm BST
- If you have not already done so, you should submit an online application for the course you wish to study.
- Contact the member of staff you wish to be your supervisor.
- Download our Application form for Wild Fund Scholarship (MS Word , 69kb), emailing a completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for any of the scholarships for which you are eligible, though the panel may choose to offer you a scholarship of a lower value.
- Your chosen supervisor may contact you to discuss your Wild Fund Scholarship Application.
- The deadline for supervisors to nominate candidates for Wild Fund Scholarships is Thursday 13 May 2021.
- The Chemistry Graduate Awards Panel will assess all nominations and award scholarships based on academic merit of the candidate, country of origin, expressed financial need and departmental strategy.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your scholarship application by email.
- You will need to hold a valid offer and take up your place on your course between October 2021 and September 2022.
Continued payment of scholarships is subject to satisfactory progress.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide annual updates on their work as a report to the donor, and may be required to meet the donor should a visit to York take place.