Equality & Diversity related Twitter accounts
The views and opinions expressed via Twitter accounts above are solely those of the original authors and other contributors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Chemistry or the University of York.
- @AtheneDonald Athene Donald - Physics Professor Cambridge University, researching interface with biology; Master @ChurchillCol; interested in gender issues; all comments personal
- @Athena_SWAN - Recognising commitment to advancing women’s careers in STEMM academia. Run by Equality Challenge Unit, tweets by the Athena SWAN team
- @4womeninscience - The world needs science & Science needs women. Since 1998, the L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Program has supported more than 2000 women scientists
- @womensday - INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY (8th March) is an important day to celebrate women's social, economic & political achievements while calling for greater equality
- @steminist - Voices of women in science, tech, engineering and math
Mental health support
- @TimetoChange - We're Time to Change. With your help, we can end the stigma and discrimination experienced by people with mental health problems. Tweets by our Comms team
- @Mental_Elf - Keep up to date with reliable mental health research & guidance. No bias, no misinformation, no spin: just what you need!
- @UoYMentalHealth - A group of University of York student volunteers passionate about raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing. Follow for updates on events and campaigns
- @YorkLGBT - A Lord Mayor of York charity of the year 2016-2017. We offer support, advocate and raise awareness of LGBT people in York!
- @YUSU_LGBTQ - Updates from YUSU's LGBTQ network and officer
- @professor_dave - Academic in York, YouTube chemist, fabulous gay husband and adoptive Dad. Science, education, politics & general nonsense
- @stonewalluk - Stonewall, the LGBT equality charity. Acceptance without exception.
- @LGBTfdn - LGBT Foundation is a charity delivering community, health and support services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people in the UK