Alan Williams Fellowships - call for applications Closing date Friday 21st April 2017
Posted on 23 March 2017
Applications are invited from researchers wishing to visit the Centre for Health Economics at the University of York in order to produce a collaborative piece of research, led by the applicant.
Applications from experienced career researchers are particularly welcome, but we will consider early career researchers who make an exceptionally strong application and have a well thought out project proposal. The value of the fellowship is up to £5,000, intended as a contribution towards living and travel expenses associated with the visit. Visits should take place between August 2017 - July 2018.
The Fellowships were first launched in 2006 as a tribute to Alan Williams and to enable health economists from anywhere in the world to spend time in York, working on collaborative research.
- Applicants should have a clear and achievable research plan in any area of health economics, broadly defined within the current research interests of the Centre for Health Economics.
- The research should be collaborative with a member(s) of CHE staff but will be led by the applicant.
- A list of specific interests of CHE staff is provided below, although this is intended to be indicative rather than comprehensive. Further information on each area of CHE research is available on our website.
- The proposals should be for a visit to the Centre for Health Economics of between two and six months duration.
- Fellows will present their research to a CHE Seminar during their visit.
- Please send your application to Gill Forder who will circulate your application to senior CHE staff.
- If a member of senior staff agrees to act as host, your application will then go forward to the selection panel for consideration.
Applicants should send the following information to Gill Forder, by email email@example.com:
- A description of the proposed research plan together with the resaon why you want to visit and collaborate with CHE
- The proposed visit dates
- A CV
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st April 2017
CHE aims to provide a supportive and family friendly work environment and offer equal opportunities to everyone. We have an Athena SWAN bronze award which recognises support for women in science.
We are also interested in research ideas that cut across research areas e.g. mental health in a global health context; economic evaluation and public health;health and labour markets.