This module introduces students to the principles and practice of geophysical survey and reconnaissance/evaluation of archaeological sites.
- To introduce the principles geophysical survey
- To introduce students to the practical skills and application of a range of geophysical survey methods.
- To explore the ranges in use of various evaluation methods in the investigation of individual archaeological sites and landscapes
Upon completion of this module students should:
- Have an understanding of the specialised skills required for the archaeological geophysics.
- Have a clear understanding of the potentials and problems involved in surface reconnaissance and specifically geophysical prospection