Nine members nominated by Faculty Executive Groups in accordance with a person specification, to be reported to Senate, comprising:
- Six Professors - two from each Faculty
- Three at grade 8 (Reader/Senior Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow) - one from each Faculty.
- Members to be from different academic departments and to serve for up to 3 years.
- The Committee should be balanced by gender and undertake unconscious bias training.
- Professorial members only to consider promotion to Professor/Reader; all members to consider promotions to Grade 8 and Grade 7.
- Professorial members will be required to chair their Faculty Promotions Advisory Panel.
|Members||Term of membership|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost: Professor Saul Tendler||ex officio|
|Arts and Humanities: Professor Guy Halsall, History||1 Oct 2018 - 30 Sept 2019|
|Arts and Humanities: Professor Nicky Milner*, Archaeology||1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sept 2020|
|Arts and Humanities: Dr Kristyn Gorton, Theatre, Film and Television||1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sept 2020|
|Sciences: Professor Alistair Boxall*, Environment||1 Oct 2016 - 30 Sept 2019|
|Sciences: Professor William McGuire, CRD||1 Oct 2018 - 30 Sept 2021|
|Sciences: Dr Alet Roux, Mathematics||1 Oct 2018 - 30 Sept 2021|
|Social Sciences: Professor Robin Wooffitt, Sociology||1 Oct 2018 - 30 Sept 2021|
|Social Sciences: Professor Yvonne Birks*, Social Policy and Social Work||1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sept 2020|
|Social Sciences: Dr Laura Bojke, Centre for Health Economics||1 Oct 2016 - 30 Sept 2019|
|HR Director: Dr Joss Ivory|
*chairing Faculty Advisory Panels in 2018-19