Rewarding Excellence awards are intended to reward staff in grades 1-8 (or equivalent) who have made a sustained contribution beyond the expectation of their role.
- Evidence must show that there has been a sustained achievement over and above the expectations of an individual’s job description and that there is good reason to believe it will continue to do so. The evidence should be applicable to the nominee's normal role and job cycle.
- No supporting evidence can be attached to the nomination: therefore, please answer all questions as fully as possible to assist the decision-making process.
- If you are a self-nominator and you are not confident of your literacy skills, you can ask a colleague, union representative or line manager to help you complete the form
- You must attach a job description
- All forms must be submitted and authorised by 9am on Monday 18 January 2021
Heads of Department are required to authorise every nomination. Before authorising, the Head of Department should be satisfied that the following criteria have been met:
- the nominee has been employed by the University for two years or more as at 1 December 2020
- the nominee has been fulfilling the requirements of their role to an exceptional standard for a sustained period of time eg over a minimum 12 month period
- the nominee has delivered over and above the expectations of their role for a sustained period of time eg over a minimum 12 month period
- the information in the nomination form is factually accurate
For more information, see Rewarding Excellence policy and procedure.