First Bus offer a Your Bus 66 pass at a special price for University staff.
Tickets are available for purchase through the First Bus website, once you have registered for the Commuter Travel Club, and through the First Bus mtickets app. The University of York is a registered employer for the Commuter Travel Club in both the York and Leeds areas.
Interest-Free Staff Loans for Annual Bus Tickets
The University offers interest-free loans to members of staff to purchase the Your Bus 66 Annual Pass, allowing you to pay back the total cost of £260 for this ticket directly from your salary, over the course of 12 months.
How to apply for an annual pass and loan
You will require a smartphone as the ticket is stored on the First Bus mTickets app
- Complete the application form and return it to email@example.com.
Tickets and loans may take up to 10 working days to process, so apply in plenty of time.
- Once your application form has been received and processed, we will set up the loan with Payroll and email your Annual Pass code to you. This is for use in the First Bus mTickets app.
- Read the instructions on downloading the mTickets app [android] / [apple] and redeem your annual pass
You will need to show your staff card with your annual ticket when boarding the bus.
Annual passes can be purchased through Transdev (the 'Adult 12 Month Gold ' pass).
Discounted monthly tickets are available, offering unlimited savings on local Arriva and Yorkshire Tiger bus travel.
- Payment by Direct Debit
- Monthly tickets
- No photo required
- Unlimited bus travel every month in the zone(s) of your choice
- No minimum contract - join and leave when you want with no penalty
- Up to two children travel free with the ticket holder at weekends and bank holidays (excludes m-tickets)
- Never lose your ticket again - you can choose to have it delivered to your mobile phone with the Arriva m-ticket app if you wish.