Student Mental Health Forum
The Student Mental Health Forum was established in early 2017 as part of the University’s ongoing commitment to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
Terms of Reference
- To receive reports on and monitor internal and external provision for student well-being and mental ill-health so as to enhance the provision along the entire care pathway (including colleges, departments, NHS) and minimise the risk of mental ill health.
- To keep itself informed of evidence from other organisations and the research literature of ways to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of provision to promote student wellbeing, prevent and manage mental ill-health of our students, including process improvements and collaborative campaigns and initiatives
- To consider quantitative and qualitative evidence regarding students’ needs and to make recommendations as appropriate to the Student Life Committee
- To keep the University’s Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy under review and make recommendations for consideration to the Student Life Committee
- To oversee successful implementation of the University’s Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- To receive reports on substantive projects/initiatives relating to student mental health taking place across the University
- For the work of the Forum be communicated to the student body
- To provide termly reports to the Student Life Committee.
Dr Wayne Campbell
- Senior academics with research and/or practice in a related field
Dr Dean McMillan
Dr Lucy Foulkes
- PV-C Teaching, Learning & Students or their nominee from UTC
Professor John Robinson
- Director of Student Life and Wellbeing
- Project Manager Student Mental Health
- Head of Open Door and Disability, representatives
Laila Fish (Secretary of the Committee)
- Director of Health, Safety and Security
- Director of Colleges or their nominee
Dr Rob Aitken
- Board of Studies representative
Dr Chris Renwick
- Department representative
- YUSU representative
- GSA representative
- Unity Health representative
Dr Richard Wilcox
Rev Dr John Schofield
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Professor Stephen Wright
Dr Suzy Kerr
- City of York Council Public Health
- Vale of York CCG
Catherine Scott (no nominee)
Other members of staff and external representatives may be in attendance at the discretion of the Chair.
The Student Mental Health Forum will be serviced by a member of staff from the Student & Academic Services.
Meetings are held at least once per term.