Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
1. To keep under review the development, condition, aesthetic, utilisation and performance of the University Estate.
To recommend to the Council:
2. The acquisition and disposal of freehold and long leasehold land and buildings;
3. The Estates Masterplan and Estates Strategy;
4. The annual four-year Estates capital plan, together with quarterly updates;
5. Proposals for major Estates projects with a value in excess of £4m;
6. Quality, design and environmental standards for estates development and maintenance projects.
7. The Estates risk register.
8. Estates-related key performance indicators and benchmarks, and to monitor the performance of the University Estate against internal targets and sector norms.
9. An annual report on developments in local, regional and national strategy and policy of relevant to the remit of the Committee.
10. Estates related strategies, including, but not limited to, Accommodation strategy, Landscape strategy, Environmental strategy, Travel and transport strategy as approved by UEB.
11. Quarterly reports from the University Executive Board.
Constituency and Membership for 2019-20
- A Pro-Chancellor or nominee (Chair)
- Ms Nicola Inchbald (Chair)
- Three further lay members with expertise of relevance to the remit of the Committee. of whom a minimum of two will be drawn from the membership of the University
- Dr Christopher Dye
- The Vice-Chancellor and President (ex officio)
- Professor Charlie Jeffrey
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost (ex officio) (Chair of the Campus Development and Management Group)
- Two members of the academic staff appointed by the Senate
- Professor Helen Smith
- The President of the Students' Union (ex officio)
- The President of the Graduate Students' Association (ex officio)
- The Committee may co-opt up to two further lay members with relevant expertise
- The Registrar and Secretary (Secretary), Ms Jo Horsburgh
- The Director of Finance, Mr Jeremy Lindley
- The Director of Planning, Ms Rebekah Desport
- The Director of External Relations, Ms Joan Concannon
- The Director of Estates and Corporate Services, Mr Stephen Talboys
- The Director of Estates Development, Ms Liz Gatheral
Estates Committee meeting dates 2019/20
- Tuesday 8 October 2019 14:00pm
- Friday 31 January 2020, 09:30am
- Friday 1 May 2020, 09:30am
- Friday 12 June 2020, 09:30 am