To provide a forum in which all aspects of the Capital Programme are considered and reviewed, to allow timely and appropriate reporting and the raising of any issues, to the University Executive Board and the finance and Policy Committee.
1. Define and review the capital project management process including:
2. Review available funding as the basis for the Finance Director to recommend the capital programme envelope to UEB.
3.Recommend the capital programme to Planning Committee having identified the key strategic projects within it (including “non-building” items).
4. Review Project Proposal Forms (PPFs), Request for Authority (RFA) forms, Revised Request for Authority (RRFA) forms and associated business cases prior to submission to Planning Committee or UEB.
5. To consider and give approval for expenditure requested by Pre Request for Authority (PRFA) forms.
6. To consider programmes of revenue expenditure for the following major programmes of work:
Estates renewals (capital)
7. Review Capital Programme progress against budget by project, and understand any deviations against the programme, by reference to the Strategic Projects Tracker and the Cash Flow Forecast.
8. To receive reports on the recovery of grants due to the University and to highlight any areas of concern. Ensure there is an effective interface with the Office of Philanthropic Partnerships and Alumni (OPPA) with regard to funding sources and matched requirements from the University.
9. To assess the status of individual projects so as to ensure that project scope is complete (i.e. building and equipment needs are fully recognised) and that external funding and agreed internal provision are sufficient.
10. Request and review post-project appraisals and to address the implications of these appropriately.
11. To link into the MTP process by ensuring that strategic projects are identified, costed and scheduled early in the Planning process.
12. Maintain a watching brief on VAT developments and the implication of these for individual projects and the wider Capital Programme.
|Finance Director (Chair)||Jeremy Lindley|
|Deputy Finance Director||Rod Peet|
|Registrar and Secretary||Jo Horsburgh|
|Director of Estates and Campus Services||Stephen Talboys|
|Director of Estates Development||Liz Gatheral|
|Finance Manager - Estates and Capital||Isabel Jones|
|Capital Business Partner||Adele Christie|
|Secretary (In attendance)||Jenne Roantree-Cham|
|Director of Infrastructure and Faculty IT||Arthur Clune|
|To receive papers but to attend meetings only if required:|
|Management Accountant, VAT and Companies|
Meetings to be held monthly.
Tuesday 3/9/2019 2pm - 4pm D/N/104 Seminar Room - above Derwent Costa
Tuesday 1/10/2019 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 29/10/2019 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 3/12/2019 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 28/1/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 25/2/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 24/3/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 28/4/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 26/5/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 23/6/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall
Tuesday 21/7/2020 3pm - 5pm H/G19 Carr Room, Heslington Hall