The Governance and Assurance Office
The Governance and Assurance Office was formed in June 2019. It is a department within Corporate and Information Services.
The team is responsible for developing and ensuring compliance with the governance framework of the University. We support and advise Council and its sub-committees and Senate, and provide a general corporate and academic governance advisory service to the University.
The Governance and Assurance team works closely with the Registrar, Secretary, Deputy Registrar, Director of Corporate and Information Services and the University Executive Board.
The key responsibilities of the team are:
- advising on the interpretation, application and review of the Charter, Statutes, Ordinances and relevant Regulations of the University which are our governing instruments as a chartered corporation and exempt charity
- providing advice and guidance on exemplary stewardship through the University's key governance bodies
- acting as secretariat to Council and the majority of its core corporate sub-committees, Senate, and providing advice, guidance and framework for consistency for colleagues outside the team supporting other Council and Senate sub-committees
- Council members' individual and collective induction, development and evaluation; membership management, election, nomination and rotation
- working with colleagues to support an Ethics Governance Framework (beyond that related to the University's research activities) as well as wider corporate governance-related policies for proper and responsible business conduct
- horizon scanning in relation to national governance and related regulatory policy, including the Committee of University Chairs (CUC), the Office for Students and Advance HE
- supporting a developing non-academic assurance agenda for the University, in conjunction with other professional support departments.
Governance and Assurance Office
The team is based in H/G07.
For general enquiries email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.