Customer Care and Charter
Our aim is to provide customer satisfaction. Our staff will offer professional, friendly and helpful services.
We will listen carefully to your comments and act on your suggestions where possible.
Above all we recognise your importance as our customer.
When working with you we will:
- resolve your enquiries at the first point of contact whenever possible;
- respect your confidentiality;
- keep you updated on the progress of your enquiry;
- be courteous, respectful and responsive to your needs;
- ensure that our staff are trained to help and give advice, or are able to refer you to the right person to answer your query.
When answering your telephone calls, letters, faxes and emails we will:
- respond to your enquiry promptly and professionally;
- use plain language and avoid unnecessary jargon.
When you visit us in person we will:
- aim to provide clear signage and information to meet your needs;
- where possible ensure areas are accessible, clean, safe and tidy;
- greet you and deal with your enquiry promptly;
- where appropriate, offer the use of a private meeting room;
- be on time to meet you or let you know if we have to cancel or alter an arranged appointment;
- display name badges in front-of-house service areas.
Keeping you informed:
- we will provide useful, timely and up to date information about our services;
- where appropriate, we will inform you how to access information in other formats or languages, such as large print or British Sign Language.
Feedback - compliments, suggestions and complaints:
Your views are important to us. We will record your compliments, suggestions, and complaints and where practicable, use them to improve our services. If you provide us with contact details we will respond to your feedback in line with our feedback procedure;
- we will pass on your compliments to our staff so that they can appreciate what you like, so that they can deliver more of the same;
- we will forward on your comments to the appropriate decision making team so that they can consider your suggestion;
- we will apologise when things go wrong and do our best to put them right;
- we will treat complaints confidentially and in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance our services and we welcome any comments you wish to make.
You can use this link to fill in our online comments form or go to one of our receptions / service areas for information on how to obtain the appropriate form.