Employer Feedback: “We built a great relationship and we had a lot of success in both applications and offer numbers. Alfie Cruttwell, Recruitment Officer 2020, Frontline
At York, we are driven by providing students with opportunities for personal and professional development, while also working with employers to meet their organisation’s needs and priorities.
We develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with companies from a range of sectors and work with a select group of employers who we know have strategic alliance to the career interests of York students.
Benefits of being a strategic partner
In addition to our extensive range of events and services, strategic partners also benefit from a range of opportunities. These include:
- Membership of Employer Advisory Forums: An opportunity for you to contribute your expert insights to inform strategy, initiatives and frameworks in departments and faculties.
- Invitation to annual Partnership celebration event: To celebrate our partnership achievements, meet other employers and senior members of the University.
- Priority access to events: We will ensure that you are given priority access to key events and on campus activities organised by our Employer Engagement and Events Team.
- Priority access to Careers and Placements programmes: Including our award-winning York Strengths Programme, our Placement Year and our Student Internship Bureau.
- A named Partnership Manager: We will provide you with a Partnership Manager to help plan your recruitment activities with us and, through regular planning meetings, guide you through the opportunities that will best fit your individual context and needs.
- Bespoke recruitment services: We can also support you with sourcing interview and assessment centre facilities on campus.
- Bespoke targeting: We will assist you in targeting bespoke groups of students to fulfil your recruitment needs. This could involve targeting specific courses to assist you with challenges around skills gaps and also to support your diversity and social mobility agendas.
- Exclusive posting to the University of York student app: If you wish to organise events for our students, we will assist you in promoting your opportunities by posting to our UoY student app.
Case study: Working with Frontline
Our strategic partners 2021/22