Professor Peter Hacker giving the opening address at the conference on analysis at St Catherine's College Oxford in 2005.
Rules of conference organisation
Members of the BSHP are encouraged to organize conferences, on appropriate topics, under the aegis of the BSHP. Please contact the BSHP Chair with proposals, which can then be put to the Management Committee for approval.
Members of other societies who are organizing conferences on appropriate topics are also encouraged to do so in association with the BSHP, in accord with the following rules of collaboration:
- The Management Committee of the BSHP must approve the association
- The association with the BSHP must be acknowledged in all publicity material
- Reports on planning and progress must be delivered to the Management Committee of the BSHP on request
- As in the case of all BSHP conferences, BSHP members must be offered any discounted rate for conference fees (to be indicated on the registration form)
- The BSHP would expect to be able to publicise the society and its journal during the proceedings of the conference
- Normally, for conferences with which the BSHP is associated, the Treasurer does not need to see the accounts. However, where financial support (of whatever kind) is offered, the BSHP must be satisfied that the moneys paid over are used for their intended purpose
Any questions concerning the organization of conferences should be directed to the BSHP Chair:
Dr Pauline Phemister, School of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh, EH8 9AD
Back to the Top