Spaces and facilities in the Hub
Booking space in the Hub
From seeding new ideas and incubation to showcasing of new concepts, the Hub provides the ideal platform for great things to happen.
- A welcoming, light-filled, three-storey Atrium leads you into a range of creative spaces where real engagement with a range of people can take place, including a café for more informal discussions.
- If you want to brainstorm , The Island of Interaction provides an ideal location.
- The Student Enterprise Centre provides the support mechanisms to turn ideas into reality.
- The Applications Lab is a dedicated area for collaboration with Higher Education Institutions, commercial companies and the public sector.
- The Development Lab provides free incubation space if you are a pre-seeded company.
- A floor of knowledge transfer space called Springboard is a place where your business can embed itself. As a business you have the option of lecture theatres and an exhibition space to engage larger groups. See what the Hub offers businesses.
- The 3Sixty, a black box with 360 degree projection and sound, allows for total immersion in new technologies, benefiting both academic researchers and media companies wanting to use the space.
- Balcony floors offer spacious study areas with PC workstations and a room for quiet study
- Three study pods overlooking the lake can be booked for meetings or used by students and staff as a quiet work space
- See how The Ron Cooke Hub's design reduces carbon emissions (PDF , 68kb).