Since the University opened, many thousands of students have passed through our doors in Vanbrugh, graduating with degrees from one of the top History departments in the country. York History graduates live and work around the world. They are teachers and lecturers, script writers, journalists and authors, television and radio presenters and producers, museum directors, lawyers and accountants, designers as well as many other things.
We will be developing these pages to include news about our alumni and to provide updates about the activities of the department and our current students. Please come back to these pages soon and find out more.
General alumni news can be found at the University alumni pages.
We’d really love to hear from any former members of the department. If you are one of our alumni and have news you would like to share on this website or just want to get in touch and join an alumni mailing list, please contact Katherine Wilson.
Our current student History Society are also keen to hear from any one who would be willing to participate in their new series of alumni talks. If you’d like to come and let the students know what history did for you then please get in touch.
We hope to hear from you!
Have you joined Yorkspace?
YorkSpace.net, the University of York’s new online community for alumni and friends, launched in 2011 and we encourage all our alumni to sign up for the site for free. Through YorkSpace you can:
- Catch up on news from the University and York Alumni Association
- Book tickets for free public lectures or alumni events
- Join our Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ groups and follow us on Twitter
- Update your details and register your business interests
- Discover our well known alumni and honorary graduates
- Find old friends in the alumni directory
- Read university and alumni publications and discover alumni authors
- Support students at York by making a gift
- Make the most of alumni benefits and services
- Boost your career by joining a professional or regional network