Fees and Funding
View our masters funding pages for more information about our studentships.
Economic and Social Research Council Scholarships
Health Sciences at York is a member of the White Rose Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) in the Social Sciences, a major collaboration between the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York. The White Rose DTC is one of the largest consortia in the country and offers a wealth of supervisory expertise across the social sciences as well as numerous training opportunities.
Fees for full-time Masters courses
Visit the University of York postgraduate web pages for information about fees and funding: www.york.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-funding/
Fees for postgraduate free-standing modules and part-time Masters level programmes - NHS Students
The NHS through its regional organisation Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber (HE Y&H) provides a limited number of fully funded places for postgraduate modules and part-time Masters level programmes.
If you want to obtain a funded place, it is important that you contact us to confirm this when sending us your application.
If we indicate that funding is available, the following applies:
- There is no charge for all NHS trust and primary care staff in areas covered by HE Y&H.
- Funded places are available by agreement with HE Y&H to staff in the South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Tees Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundations Trust. Please contact us for details.
- Funded places are available by agreement with the HE Y&H to clinical staff working in the ambulance service, prison service and hospices. Please contact us for details.
- Funded places may be available to social services staff working in a healthcare environment or to staff in independent sector homes providing placements for pre-registration students from the University of York. This is agreed on a case-by-case basis.
- The funding covers all course fees, but does not include backfill staffing costs for the days that you will be studying. You must get formal approval from the appropriate manager to access HE Y&H funded places. Once this approval is sought you need to complete the Funding Details Form.