Skip to Content
Department of Economics & Related Studies
- To deliver excellent, stimulating, research-led teaching across a broad range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes, giving our students the ability to become independent learners and critical thinkers.
- To enhance the student experience, addressing academic, social and employability needs; maintaining the current stable size of the Department in terms of student numbers, to enable the Department to focus on enhancing the student experience and research outcomes.
- To support and promote the research activities of our staff, enabling research of the highest international quality and impact that feeds back in to our teaching to maintain programmes at the forefront of Economics.
- To support the staff and students within the Department to achieve at the highest level, encouraging the development of our international community.
- To enhance the student experience: in terms of teaching quality, support available and the enhancement of the quality and timeliness of the Department’s assessment and feedback processes and procedures.
- To promote the research contributions of our staff, through expansion of the activities of the research clusters, the provision of internal departmental funding and the encouragement of external funding applications.
- To consolidate and enhance the international profile of the Department’s research and teaching and to broaden the range of countries from which we recruit students.
- To expand the Department’s community of PhD students, supporting them appropriately. To provide additional opportunities for learning and teaching and greater integration into research activities through the cluster groups.
- To enhance the Department’s communication and performance monitoring processes and procedures.