Completed in 2007-08, Donald Barron Court and Barbara Scott Court provide a tranquil residential location for undergraduate students, with six ensuite accommodation blocks encircling gardens and divided into two courts by established trees.
|Total number of rooms||245|
|Length of let||33/39 Weeks|
|Room Type||Premium Ensuite|
Pricing structure: Accommodation services website
- Vanbrugh Donald Barron Court & Barbara Scott Court are divided into 6 houses and a services building surrounding a large green area.
- Each house has 3-4 floors with 10-12 en-suite rooms on each floor sharing a large dining kitchen.
- The top floor of each House is designated as Quiet accommodation.
- House A has ensuite study bedrooms, on a 39 week let. Vanbrugh College has no other 39 week ensuite lets.
- Houses B-F have ensuite study bedrooms on a 33 week let.
- Floors for mature students (21 plus) are available and can be requested on the additional information section of the application form.
- Adjacent to each building is a secure bike store.
- Donald Barron & Barbara Scott Courts are situated between the Departments of Biology, and Music and Philosophy and near to the Student Support Office.
The Warren acts as a services building and is located between House A and House F. The Warren houses a laundrette containing washers and dryers as well as vending machines. The Cleaning Team Leader for Vanbrugh College is located here and other members of Vanbrugh College Welfare Team hold office hours in the building.
10-12 students share one kitchen, containing:
- 2 fridges
- 2 freezers
- 2 ovens, 8 hobs
- 2 sinks
- 2 kettles
- 2 microwaves
- Table and chairs to accommodate 12 students
- Storage to accommodate 12 students
- 1 vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket
- Ironing board (students provide their own iron)
Cleaning arrangements are as per the Resident’s Handbook.
Contents of a single study bedroom:
- One single bed with mattress and mattress cover
- Desk/workstation with lighting
- Storage cupboard above the wardrobe
- Notice board
- Waste bin
- Long mirror
- Storage cupboards and shelf by bed
En-suite rooms have attached shower pods with toilets. Toiletries and toilet roll are not supplied.
Connections to the Network Access Service (allowing internet access) are available in study bedrooms. Wireless access is available over the whole campus.
A television aerial point is also available in the study bedrooms but each student must purchase their own TV licence for their room.
DISCLAIMER - Much effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this website is correct and regularly updated. However, it may be that some matters are subject to change from time to time and should be checked with other sources of information. Information on the terms and conditions of accommodation are available here. Specific details of the let length and charges are detailed in the relevant offer letter sent out.
Please note that the facilities and items listed here are purely to give general information as to what the College may provide within student accommodation and do not form part of any contractual accommodation offer, which will be issued to you separately and tailored more to individual circumstances. A detailed inventory of what is actually provided will also be issued to you on your arrival. There is therefore no guarantee that the facilities and items listed here will be provided in every room/kitchen and the University reserves the right to make changes. If a particular item or facility is important to you, it is recommended that you check with the College before accepting an offer of accommodation.
Want to know more?
Contact your Residential Welfare Dean: David Hickman