Service Level Agreement
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will produce an annual timetable which will remain as accurate as possible throughout the year.
- The finalised timetable will be released to staff and students in line with the advertised dates which can be found on the timelines on the Timetabling Downloads page.
- Production of the timetable is dependent on departments adhering to the submission deadlines set on an annual basis.
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will aim to keep changes to the timetable after publication to a minimum. Late changes will be monitored and reported to University Teaching Committee.
- Requests to change any part of the timetable will not be accepted unless they are made through the Departmental Timetabler.
- Teaching in the early mornings (9:15-10:15) and late afternoons (17:15-18:15) will be analysed by department.
What we require in return:
- Departmental Timetablers ensure timely collection of accurate data from academic staff and accurate data entry via the WDC or direct access to Syllabus Plus.
- Departmental Timetablers or Academic Staff (as appropriate) check the draft timetable and ensure requests for changes are sent to the Timetabling and Room Bookings Office by the specified deadline.
- All cancellations of rooms are notified to the Timetabling and Room Booking Office as soon as possible.
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will be staffed between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- In the event that all staff need to leave the office for more than 3 hours during these hours a notice will be put on York Extra.
- Centrally managed space will be made available (for bookings on Planon) on completion of the annual timetable.
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will respond to requests within 2 working days.
- All users and their attendees must adhere to the Booking Conditions for Centrally Timetabled Rooms.
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will not allocate rooms for conferences or any event for which delegates are charged a fee, unless the booking has been directed through and received from York Conference Park.
- The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office will conduct audits of centrally managed space utilisation. This will include large lecture theatres and PC rooms.
- Activity sizes will be monitored to produce trend statistics for future planning.
- Audit results will be published on the website – please see the Room Audits section.
The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office welcomes both positive and negative feedback – please use the Feedback Form.
If you are unsatisfied with the delivery of our services and cannot find a resolution with the Timetabling and Room Bookings Office, please escalate to the Head of Campus Services (email email@example.com).